Attorney Tom Boop, Golden Rule Custom Carpentry and Lawton Insurance Agency
The first place Senior Showman for each market area — Dairy Beef, Market Lamb, Market Swine, Market Steer and Market Goats — will show one of each animal. Grading will be on a point system with a special award. Supreme Showmanship Winners will not repeat in subsequent years.
- If the Senior Division winner declines or is ineligible to participate, the next high placing senior showman shall represent the species.
- If a contestant is eligible to participate in more than one species, the contestant must choose one species. Rule 1 would be in effect for the declined species.
- Supreme Showman winners from prior years are ineligible to participate.
- A class of five formats shall be used with contestants showing in a head to head competition for each species.
- The Committee Chairman shall be responsible for securing animals, as well as the proper show equipment.
- All animals used in the contest may not belong to any participant, his/her family members or raised with a participant’s animal.
- In the event that an animal must be used as described in 5(a), the participant will be provided another animal.
- Animals will be assigned by a random drawing.
- Consent from the owner shall be obtained before any livestock is used in the contest.
- Market animals will be used in the contest for each species.
- Attire is not assigned, except contestants must wear hard shoes. A neat appearance with a collared shirt is encouraged.
- Contestants are responsible for securing training prior to the contest.
- Each class in a particular species will be judged according to guidelines and practices of acceptable showmanship for that species.
- Judges’ decisions shall be final.
- Contestants will be awarded points on a 1-10 scale; one being the lowest and ten being the highest.
- The contestant with the highest score shall be the Supreme Showman.
- The Supreme Showman tiebreaker will be a written test.
- Scores will not be made public.