CONTACT: Hannah Imgrund | Phone: 570-428-2055
$2.00 per entry.
$3.00 per meat pen. Meat pens are considered one entry.
Payment is due with entry form and must be postmarked by July 7. There will be absolutely no substitutions after the July 7 Entry Deadline, including arrival day at the fair.
4-H and FFA Entries are limited to residents of Union County 4-H and the following FFA Chapters: Lewisburg, Mifflinburg and Milton.
Open Class Entries are limited to Montour, Northumberland, Snyder and Union Counties.
- The latest rules of the American Rabbit Breeders Association will govern the conduct of the show.
- Exhibitor must show his or her own rabbit.
- Each rabbit must be kept in its own cage until the rabbit is judged.
- After judging, rabbits will be assigned a cage inside the Rabbit Barn. 4H and FFA rabbits will be penned first, followed by Open Class rabbits.
- It is suggested that all rabbits have permanent ear tattoos. This is for your own protection if a question of ownership arises.
- Rabbits must be in good health. Rabbits will be checked for eye and nasal drainage, ear mites and other signs of illness. Judge will eliminate stock found to be diseased while judging. Sick rabbits must be removed from the building as soon as possible.
- Judges will not award prizes to an unworthy entry. In the absence of competition, or where only one rabbit is entered, 1st, 2nd, 3rd, or no premium will be awarded according to the merit of the entry.
- Entries will be made in two (2) classes: Open, 4H and/or FFA. Entries limited to 10 per exhibitor.
- There will be Senior (6 months and over) and Junior (under 6 months) Classes in all breeds.
- 4H and FFA Livestock Sale participants may enter one meat pen in the sale. A meat pen consists of three rabbits of the same breed and variety, not over 10 weeks in age and not weighing under 3.5 lbs. or over 5.5 lbs. per ARBA standard. Rabbits will be weighed by the judge.
- Fair will provide water, feed and feeding dishes for rabbits.
- Rabbits will be fed and watered by capable help during the week of the fair.
- Fair will not be responsible for the loss of any rabbits.
- NO BEDDING: no cardboard, no hay, and no straw. If a resting board is needed, an approved plastic or wooden board will be provided by the exhibitor.
- Rabbits may be removed from 9:00 – 11:00 PM Saturday. All rabbits must be removed by 11:00 AM Sunday. No rabbits (other than the meat pens bought at the livestock sale and rabbits expelled due to illness) will leave the rabbit building before 9 PM on Saturday or exhibitor will forfeit winnings. All buying and selling of rabbits will be done outside the rabbit building after 9:00 PM Saturday.
- All Union County entries will be accepted over entries from other counties, regardless of postmark date.
- It is the exhibitor’s responsibility to properly name the breed entered. Any rabbit improperly entered will be disqualified and will not be judged. The judge will mark the correct name on the tag for the benefit of the exhibitor.
Meat Pens for 4H-FFA
- Each exhibitor is limited to one rabbit meat pen. In preparation, up to ten rabbits may be tattooed. Entries will have a permanent tattoo in the left ear.
- A meat pen consists of three rabbits of the same breed and variety. They may be up to 10 weeks old (70 days maximum). Minimum weight 3.5 lbs. and maximum weight of 5.5 lbs. each.
- Youth exhibitors must own the doe(s) and kits must be kindled in the owner’s rabbitry.
- Owner must notify their county agent, 4-H club leader or FFA advisor of their intent to enter a meat pen before the doe is bred.
- Exhibitor must notify their county agent, 4-H club leader, or FFA advisor within three days of the doe’s kindling.
- Exhibitor must tattoo all rabbits to be grown for competition at 4 weeks of age in the presence of the county agent, 4-H Club leader or FFA advisor. Up to 10 rabbits may be tattooed. The agent or advisor must then sign the compliance statement listing the tattoo numbers.
- The compliance statement must be brought with the rabbits to the Fair.
Fryers for 4H-FFA
- In cases when exhibitors do not have the 3 rabbits needed for a meat pen, exhibitors may enter the remaining rabbits in the fryer class.
- Exhibitors may show both a meat pen and/or fryer.
- Fryers may be sold at the Livestock Sale, however, exhibitors may only sell a fryer if they do not have a meat pen to sell.
Section 10 – Rabbits
PREMIUMS: $4.50, $3.50, $2.50, $2, $1.50, except Best of Show.
|10||10||*||Rabbit, Buck or Doe, Junior or Senior (*See Breeds and Classes)|
|10||10||10430||31. Meat Pens: Three rabbits same breed and variety, each rabbit must weigh between 3.5 to 5.5 lbs|
|10||10||10432||32. Fryer: Single rabbit not over 10 weeks, must weigh between 3 to 5 lbs|
|10||10||10435||33. Roaster: Single rabbit under 6 months, must weigh between 5.5 to 8 lbs.|
|10||10||10437||34. Stewer: Single rabbit 6 months of age and over, minimum weight 8 lbs.|
|10||10||10440||35. Doe & Litter: Litter should be 5 to 6 weeks old by end of Fair to prevent problems|
|10||10||10441||Best of Show Doe - Rosette|
|10||10||10442||Best of Show Buck - Rosette|
|10||10||10443||Best of Show Doe and Litter - Rosette|
*Breeds and Classes
PREMIUMS: $4.50, $3.50, $2.50, $2, $1.50
|DEPT||SEC||CLASS||BREED / DESCRIPTION|
|10||10||10001||1. American Fuzzy Lop Broken Jr. Buck|
|10||10||10002||1. American Fuzzy Lop Broken Jr. Doe|
|10||10||10003||1. American Fuzzy Lop Broken Sr. Buck|
|10||10||10004||1. American Fuzzy Lop Broken Sr. Doe|
|10||10||10010||1. American Fuzzy Lop Solid Jr. Buck|
|10||10||10011||1. American Fuzzy Lop Solid Jr. Doe|
|10||10||10012||1. American Fuzzy Lop Solid Sr. Buck|
|10||10||10013||1. American Fuzzy Lop Solid Sr. Doe|
|10||10||10020||2. English Angora White Jr. Buck|
|10||10||10021||2. English Angora White Jr. Doe|
|10||10||10022||2. English Angora White Sr. Buck|
|10||10||10023||2. English Angora White Sr. Doe|
|10||10||10030||2. English Angora Colored Jr. Buck|
|10||10||10031||2. English Angora Colored Jr. Doe|
|10||10||10032||2. English Angora Colored Sr. Buck|
|10||10||10033||2. English Angora Colored Sr. Doe|
|10||10||10040||3. French Angora White Jr. Buck|
|10||10||10041||3. French Angora White Jr. Doe|
|10||10||10042||3. French Angora White Sr. Buck|
|10||10||10043||3. French Angora White Sr. Doe|
|10||10||10050||3. French Angora Colored Jr. Buck|
|10||10||10051||3. French Angora Colored Jr. Doe|
|10||10||10052||3. French Angora Colored Sr. Buck|
|10||10||10053||3. French Angora Colored Sr. Doe|
|10||10||10060||4. Giant Angora Jr. Buck|
|10||10||10061||4. Giant Angora Jr. Doe|
|10||10||10062||4. Giant Angora Sr. Buck|
|10||10||10063||4. Giant Angora Sr. Doe|
|10||10||10070||5. English Spot Jr. Buck|
|10||10||10071||5. English Spot Jr. Doe|
|10||10||10072||5. English Spot Sr. Buck|
|10||10||10073||5. English Spot Sr. Doe|
|10||10||10080||6. Flemish Giant Jr. Buck|
|10||10||10081||6. Flemish Giant Jr. Doe|
|10||10||10082||6. Flemish Giant Sr. Buck|
|10||10||10083||6. Flemish Giant Sr. Doe|
|10||10||10090||7. Harlequin Jr. Buck|
|10||10||10091||7. Harlequin Jr. Doe|
|10||10||10092||7. Harlequin Sr. Buck|
|10||10||10093||7. Harlequin Sr. Doe|
|10||10||10100||8. Himalayan Jr. Buck|
|10||10||10101||8. Himalayan Jr. Doe|
|10||10||10102||8. Himalayan Sr. Buck|
|10||10||10103||8. Himalayan Sr. Doe|
|10||10||10110||9. Jersey Wooley Jr. Buck|
|10||10||10111||9. Jersey Wooley Jr. Doe|
|10||10||10112||9. Jersey Wooley Sr. Buck|
|10||10||10113||9. Jersey Wooley Sr. Doe|
|10||10||10120||10. English Lop Broken Jr. Buck|
|10||10||10121||10. English Lop Broken Jr. Doe|
|10||10||10122||10. English Lop Broken Sr. Buck|
|10||10||10123||10. English Lop Broken Sr. Doe|
|10||10||10130||10. English Lop Solid Jr. Buck|
|10||10||10131||10. English Lop Solid Jr. Doe|
|10||10||10132||10. English Lop Solid Sr. Buck|
|10||10||10133||10. English Lop Solid Sr. Doe|
|10||10||10140||11. French Lop Broken Jr. Buck|
|10||10||10141||11. French Lop Broken Jr. Doe|
|10||10||10142||11. French Lop Broken Sr. Buck|
|10||10||10143||11. French Lop Broken Sr. Doe|
|10||10||10150||11. French Lop Solid Jr. Buck|
|10||10||10151||11. French Lop Solid Jr. Doe|
|10||10||10152||11. French Lop Solid Sr. Buck|
|10||10||10153||11. French Lop Solid Sr. Doe|
|10||10||10160||12. Mini Lop Broken Jr. Buck|
|10||10||10161||12. Mini Lop Broken Jr. Doe|
|10||10||10162||12. Mini Lop Broken Sr. Buck|
|10||10||10163||12. Mini Lop Broken Sr. Doe|
|10||10||10170||12. Mini Lop Solid Jr. Buck|
|10||10||10171||12. Mini Lop Solid Jr. Doe|
|10||10||10172||12. Mini Lop Solid Sr. Buck|
|10||10||10173||12. Mini Lop Solid Sr. Doe|
|10||10||10180||13. Holland Lop Broken Jr. Buck|
|10||10||10181||13. Holland Lop Broken Jr. Doe|
|10||10||10182||13. Holland Lop Broken Sr. Buck|
|10||10||10183||13. Holland Lop Broken Sr. Doe|
|10||10||10190||13. Holland Lop Solid Jr. Buck|
|10||10||10191||13. Holland Lop Solid Jr. Doe|
|10||10||10192||13. Holland Lop Solid Sr. Buck|
|10||10||10193||13. Holland Lop Solid Sr. Doe|
|10||10||10200||14. Mini Rex Jr. Buck|
|10||10||10201||14. Mini Rex Jr. Doe|
|10||10||10202||14. Mini Rex Sr. Buck|
|10||10||10203||14. Mini Rex Sr. Doe|
|10||10||10210||15. Californian Jr. Buck|
|10||10||10211||15. Californian Jr. Doe|
|10||10||10212||15. Californian Sr. Buck|
|10||10||10213||15. Californian Sr. Doe|
|10||10||10220||16. D’Argent Champagne Jr. Buck|
|10||10||10221||16. D’Argent Champagne Jr. Doe|
|10||10||10222||16. D’Argent Champagne Sr. Buck|
|10||10||10223||16. D’Argent Champagne Sr. Doe|
|10||10||10230||16. D’Argent Creme Jr. Buck|
|10||10||10231||16. D’Argent Creme Jr. Doe|
|10||10||10232||16. D’Argent Creme Sr. Buck|
|10||10||10233||16. D’Argent Creme Sr. Doe|
|10||10||10240||17. Checkered Giant Jr. Buck|
|10||10||10241||17. Checkered Giant Jr. Doe|
|10||10||10242||17. Checkered Giant Sr. Buck|
|10||10||10243||17. Checkered Giant Sr. Doe|
|10||10||10250||18. Chinchilla American Jr. Buck|
|10||10||10251||18. Chinchilla American Jr. Doe|
|10||10||10252||18. Chinchilla American Sr. Buck|
|10||10||10253||18. Chinchilla American Sr. Doe|
|10||10||10260||18. Chinchilla Giant Jr. Buck|
|10||10||10261||18. Chinchilla Giant Jr. Doe|
|10||10||10262||18. Chinchilla Giant Sr. Buck|
|10||10||10263||18. Chinchilla Giant Sr. Doe|
|10||10||10270||18. Chinchilla Standard Jr. Buck|
|10||10||10271||18. Chinchilla Standard Jr. Doe|
|10||10||10272||18. Chinchilla Standard Sr. Buck|
|10||10||10273||18. Chinchilla Standard Sr. Doe|
|10||10||10280||19. Dutch Jr. Buck|
|10||10||10281||19. Dutch Jr. Doe|
|10||10||10282||19. Dutch Sr. Buck|
|10||10||10283||19. Dutch Sr. Doe|
|10||10||10290||20. Netherland Dwarf Jr. Buck|
|10||10||10291||20. Netherland Dwarf Jr. Doe|
|10||10||10292||20. Netherland Dwarf Sr. Buck|
|10||10||10293||20. Netherland Dwarf Sr. Doe|
|10||10||10300||21. New Zealand Black Jr. Buck|
|10||10||10301||21. New Zealand Black Jr. Doe|
|10||10||10302||21. New Zealand Black Sr. Buck|
|10||10||10303||21. New Zealand Black Sr. Doe|
|10||10||10310||21. New Zealand Red Jr. Buck|
|10||10||10311||21. New Zealand Red Jr. Doe|
|10||10||10312||21. New Zealand Red Sr. Buck|
|10||10||10313||21. New Zealand Red Sr. Doe|
|10||10||10320||21. New Zealand White Jr. Buck|
|10||10||10321||21. New Zealand White Jr. Doe|
|10||10||10322||21. New Zealand White Sr. Buck|
|10||10||10323||21. New Zealand White Sr. Doe|
|10||10||10330||22. Palamino Jr. Buck|
|10||10||10331||22. Palamino Jr. Doe|
|10||10||10332||22. Palamino Sr. Buck|
|10||10||10333||22. Palamino Sr. Doe|
|10||10||10340||23. Polish Jr. Buck|
|10||10||10341||23. Polish Jr. Doe|
|10||10||10342||23. Polish Sr. Buck|
|10||10||10343||23. Polish Sr. Doe|
|10||10||10350||24. Rex Jr. Buck|
|10||10||10351||24. Rex Jr. Doe|
|10||10||10352||24. Rex Sr. Buck|
|10||10||10353||24. Rex Sr. Doe|
|10||10||10360||25. Satin Jr. Buck|
|10||10||10361||25. Satin Jr. Doe|
|10||10||10362||25. Satin Sr. Buck|
|10||10||10363||25. Satin Sr. Doe|
|10||10||10370||26. Silver Martin Jr. Buck|
|10||10||10371||26. Silver Martin Jr. Doe|
|10||10||10372||26. Silver Martin Sr. Buck|
|10||10||10373||26. Silver Martin Sr. Doe|
|10||10||10380||27. Tan Jr. Buck|
|10||10||10381||27. Tan Jr. Doe|
|10||10||10382||27. Tan Sr. Buck|
|10||10||10383||27. Tan Sr. Doe|
|10||10||10390||28. Brevern Jr. Buck|
|10||10||10391||28. Brevern Jr. Doe|
|10||10||10392||28. Brevern Sr. Buck|
|10||10||10393||28. Brevern Sr. Doe|
|10||10||10400||29. Thrianta Jr. Buck|
|10||10||10401||29. Thrianta Jr. Doe|
|10||10||10402||29. Thrianta Sr. Buck|
|10||10||10403||29. Thrianta Sr. Doe|
|10||10||10410||30. Pet Class Fancy (Small) Jr. Buck|
|10||10||10411||30. Pet Class Fancy (Small) Jr. Doe|
|10||10||10412||30. Pet Class Fancy (Small) Sr. Buck|
|10||10||10413||30. Pet Class Fancy (Small) Sr. Doe|
|10||10||10420||30. Pet Class Production (Large) Jr. Buck|
|10||10||10421||30. Pet Class Production (Large) Jr. Doe|
|10||10||10422||30. Pet Class Production (Large) Sr. Buck|
|10||10||10423||30. Pet Class Production (Large) Sr. Doe|