CONTACT: Hannah Imgrund | Phone: 570-428-2055
$2.00 per entry.
$3.00 per meat pen. Meat pens are considered one entry.
Payment is due with entry form and must be postmarked by July 7. There will be absolutely no substitutions after the July 7 Entry Deadline, including arrival day at the fair.
4-H and FFA Entries are limited to members of Union County 4-H and the following FFA Chapters: Lewisburg, Mifflinburg and Milton.
Open Class Entries are limited to Montour, Northumberland, Snyder and Union Counties.
- The latest rules of the American Rabbit Breeders Association will govern the conduct of the show.
- Exhibitor must show his or her own rabbit.
- Each rabbit must be kept in its own cage until the rabbit is judged.
- After judging, rabbits will be assigned a cage inside the Rabbit Barn. 4H and FFA rabbits will be penned first, followed by Open Class rabbits.
- It is suggested that all rabbits have permanent ear tattoos. This is for your own protection if a question of ownership arises.
- Rabbits must be in good health. Rabbits will be checked for eye and nasal drainage, ear mites and other signs of illness. Judge will eliminate stock found to be diseased while judging. Sick rabbits must be removed from the building as soon as possible.
- Judges will not award prizes to an unworthy entry. In the absence of competition, or where only one rabbit is entered, 1st, 2nd, 3rd, or no premium will be awarded according to the merit of the entry.
- Entries will be made in two (2) classes: Open; 4H and/or FFA. Entries limited to 2 entries per class, 10 per exhibitor.
- 4H and FFA Livestock Sale participants may enter one meat pen in the sale. A meat pen consists of three rabbits of the same breed and variety, not over 10 weeks in age and not weighing under 3.5 lbs. or over 5.5 lbs. per the ARBA standard. Rabbits will be weighed by the judge.
- NEW: Owner is responsible for feeding and checking on the welfare of their rabbit entries. Designated feeding times for animal access will be from 7am – 10am AND 5pm – 8pm, unless pre-approved arrangements are made by the department chairperson(s).
- Owner must provide feed. Fair provides feed dishes and automatic waters.
- Fair will not be responsible for the loss of any rabbits.
- NO BEDDING: no cardboard, no hay, and no straw. If a resting board is needed, an approved plastic or wooden board will be provided by the exhibitor. If your rabbit is housed in a pen with a tray, the exhibitor is expected to dump tray and replace bedding with clean shavings daily.
- Rabbits may be removed from 9:00 – 11:00 PM Saturday. Once animals are on the fairgrounds, no rabbits (other than the meat pens bought at the livestock sale and rabbits expelled due to illness) will leave the fair property before 9 PM on Saturday, for any reason, or exhibitor will forfeit winnings. All buying and selling of rabbits will be done outside the rabbit building after 9:00 PM Saturday. Buyer and seller must be present for release from rabbit barn.
- All Union County entries will be accepted over entries from other counties, regardless of postmark date.
- It is the exhibitor’s responsibility to properly name the breed entered. Any rabbit improperly entered will be disqualified and will not be judged. The judge will mark the correct name on the tag for the benefit of the exhibitor.
- Rabbit weigh and check in will be conducted at 9:00am Sunday in the arena.
PREMIUMS: $4.50, $3.50, $2.50, $2, $1.50, except Best of Show.
|9||*||Rabbit, Buck or Doe, Junior or Senior (*See Breeds and Classes)|
|9||09430||31. Meat Pens: Three rabbits same breed and variety, each rabbit must weigh between 3.5 to 5.5 lbs|
|9||09432||32. Fryer: Single rabbit not over 10 weeks, must weigh between 3.5 to 5.5 lbs|
|9||09435||33. Roaster: Single rabbit under 6 months in age and not less than 5 1/2 lbs. nor over 8 lbs.|
|9||09437||34. Stewer: Single rabbit 6 months of age and over, minimum weight 8 lbs.|
|9||09440||35. Doe & Litter: Litter should be 5 to 6 weeks old by end of Fair to prevent problems|
|9||09441||Best of Show Doe - Rosette|
|9||09442||Best of Show Buck - Rosette|
|9||09443||Best of Show Doe and Litter - Rosette|
*Breeds and Classes
PREMIUMS: $4.50, $3.50, $2.50, $2, $1.50
|DEPT||CLASS||BREED / DESCRIPTION|
|9||09001||1. American Fuzzy Lop Buck|
|9||09002||1. American Fuzzy Lop Doe|
|9||09020||2. English Angora Buck|
|9||09021||2. English Angora Doe|
|9||09040||3. French Angora Buck|
|9||09041||3. French Angora Doe|
|9||09060||4. Giant Angora Buck|
|9||09061||4. Giant Angora Doe|
|9||09070||5. English Spot Buck|
|9||09071||5. English Spot Doe|
|9||09080||6. Flemish Giant Buck|
|9||09081||6. Flemish Giant Doe|
|9||09090||7. Harlequin Buck|
|9||09091||7. Harlequin Doe|
|9||09100||8. Himalayan Buck|
|9||09101||8. Himalayan Doe|
|9||09110||9. Jersey Wooley Buck|
|9||09111||9. Jersey Wooley Doe|
|9||09120||10. English Lop Buck|
|9||09121||10. English Lop Doe|
|9||09140||11. French Lop Buck|
|9||09141||11. French Lop Doe|
|9||09160||12. Mini Lop Buck|
|9||09161||12. Mini Lop Doe|
|9||09180||13. Holland Lop Buck|
|9||09181||13. Holland Lop Doe|
|9||09200||14. Mini Rex Buck|
|9||09201||14. Mini Rex Doe|
|9||09210||15. Californian Buck|
|9||09211||15. Californian Doe|
|9||09220||16. D’Argent Champagne Buck|
|9||09221||16. D’Argent Champagne Doe|
|9||09230||16. D’Argent Creme Buck|
|9||09231||16. D’Argent Creme Doe|
|9||09240||17. Checkered Giant Buck|
|9||09241||17. Checkered Giant Doe|
|9||09250||18. Chinchilla American Buck|
|9||09251||18. Chinchilla American Doe|
|9||09260||18. Chinchilla Giant Buck|
|9||09261||18. Chinchilla Giant Doe|
|9||09270||18. Chinchilla Standard Buck|
|9||09271||18. Chinchilla Standard Doe|
|9||09280||19. Dutch Buck|
|9||09281||19. Dutch Doe|
|9||09290||20. Netherland Dwarf Buck|
|9||09291||20. Netherland Dwarf Doe|
|9||09300||21. New Zealand Buck|
|9||09301||21. New Zealand Doe|
|9||09330||22. Palamino Buck|
|9||09331||22. Palamino Doe|
|9||09340||23. Polish Buck|
|9||09341||23. Polish Doe|
|9||09350||24. Rex Buck|
|9||09351||24. Rex Doe|
|9||09360||25. Satin Buck|
|9||09361||25. Satin Doe|
|9||09370||26. Silver Martin Buck|
|9||09371||26. Silver Martin Doe|
|9||09380||27. Tan Buck|
|9||09381||27. Tan Doe|
|9||09390||28. Brevern Buck|
|9||09391||28. Brevern Doe|
|9||09400||29. Thrianta Buck|
|9||09401||29. Thrianta Doe|
|9||09410||30. Pet Class Fancy (Small) Buck|
|9||09411||30. Pet Class Fancy (Small) Doe|
|9||09420||30. Pet Class Production (Large) Buck|
|9||09421||30. Pet Class Production (Large) Doe|