CONTACT: Hannah Imgrund | Phone: 570-428-2055
$6.00 per animal, Union County Residents.
$10.00 per animal, all others.
Payment is due with entry form and must be postmarked by July 7. There will be absolutely no substitutions after the July 7 Entry Deadline, including arrival day at the fair.
NOTE: Entries MUST Be Mailed In / No Drop Offs!
4-H and FFA Entries are limited to members of Union County 4-H and the following FFA Chapters: Lewisburg, Mifflinburg and Milton.
Open Class Entries are limited to Montour, Northumberland, Snyder and Union Counties.
- Refer to Exhibitor Rules.
- Exhibitors will be expected to display or parade their animals as directed by the Superintendent; to accept the stall assigned without controversy; to keep their animals in an attractive appearance, and to cooperate with the Department in every way that may serve to increase the educational value of the show. No stalls will be promised until after entry deadline date. Stall space may not be decorated until all stall space is assigned.
- Exhibitors must note when livestock will be judged and be in the ring promptly and/or on call. Failure to comply with this rule may exclude exhibitor from competing.
- Decorations with ribbons or ornaments previously won by animals at shows shall be prohibited until after the awards have been made in their respective classes by the judge.
- 4-H and FFA members may enter the same animal in both open and youth competition.
- Exhibitor defined: Exhibitor will be the individual or partnership listed as current owner on the registry certificate at the time of entry.
- Original registration papers or dairy leasing program project forms showing ownership by June 1, plus Certificate of Veterinary Inspection (CVI) must accompany animals. Rabies vaccine is recommended. Shipping Fever shots are required. All dairy cattle must have a 840 RFID ear tag. These will be checked and approved before animals can be unloaded. No pending papers will be approved. For cows, the ownership dates will be by January 1 of the current year, and for calves and heifers the transfer dates will be by June 1 of the current year. Note: Holstein USA will use the date the transfer was received by the Holstein Association. No back dated transfers are allowed. All papers must be available until judging has been completed. There will be no exceptions to this rule.
- Dress Code: In an effort to maintain positive public image, acceptable dress will be either dark or white pants and white shirts or 4-H attire. Bib overalls or blue denims will not be allowed in the show ring. This will be enforced by the class organizer.
- Management: The management reserves the final and absolute right to interpret these rules and regulations and will determine all matters, questions, or differences in connection with the show.
- Rotation of show order will be at the discretion of the dairy superintendent and will be announced prior to the show date.
- Double entry fees apply if exhibiting animal in both 4-H/FFA and Open shows.
Section 1 – Dairy Cattle
|2||1||Bull calf born between Sept 1, 2022 and May 31, 2023||$12 $10|
|2||2||Junior yearling bull born between March 1 and Aug 31, 2022||$12 $10|
|2||3||Grand Champion Bull||Rosette|
|2||4||Reserve Grand Champion Bull||Rosette|
|2||5||Junior heifer calf born between March 1 and May 31, 2023||$16 $14 $10 $8|
|2||6||Intermediate heifer calf born between Dec 1, 2022 and Feb 28, 2023||$16 $14 $10 $8|
|2||7||Senior heifer calf born between Sept 1 and Nov 30, 2022||$16 $14 $10 $8|
|2||8||Summer yearling heifer born between June 1 and Aug 31, 2022||$16 $14 $10 $8|
|2||9||Junior yearling heifer born between March 1 and May 31, 2022||$16 $14 $10 $8|
|2||10||Intermediate yearling heifer born between Dec 1, 2021 and Feb 28, 2022||$16 $14 $10 $8|
|2||11||Senior yearling heifer born between Sept 1 and Nov 30, 2021||$16 $14 $10 $8|
|2||12||Junior Champion Female||Rosette|
|2||13||Reserve Junior Champion Female||Rosette|
|2||14||Junior Best 3 Females, 3 animals under 2 yr, bred/owned by 1 exhibitor. Limit 1 group per exhibitor.||$20 $18 $16 $14 $12|
|2||15||Dry cow 3 and 4 years, born between Sept 1, 2019 and Aug 31, 2020||$20 $18 $16 $14 $12|
|2||16||Dry cow 5 years and over, born before Sept 1, 2018||$20 $18 $16 $14 $12|
|2||17||Junior 2-year-old born between March 1 and Aug 31, 2021||$20 $18 $16 $14 $12|
|2||18||Senior 2-year-old born between Sept 1, 2020 and Feb 28, 2020||$20 $18 $16 $14 $12|
|2||19||3-year-old born between Sept 1, 2019 and Aug 31, 2020||$20 $18 $16 $14 $12|
|2||20||4-year-old born between Sept 1, 2018 and Aug 31, 2019||$20 $18 $16 $14 $12|
|2||21||Aged cow born before Sept 1, 2018||$20 $18 $16 $14 $12|
|2||22||Best udder cow in milk, any age, to be judged on udder alone (7 cow classes)||$10|
|2||23||Best 3 females, 3 animals over 2 years of age or the combination of 2 senior animals plus 1 junior animal bred and owned by one exhibitor. Limited to 1 group per exhibitor.||$20 $18 $16|
|2||24||Dairy herd, 3 cows that have freshened, all owned by one exhibitor||$20 $18 $16|
|2||25||Produce of dam, 2 animals any age, either sex, the produce of one cow, need not be owned by one exhibitor.||$20 $18 $16|
|2||26||Dam and daughter, both must be owned by exhibitor, and daughter must be bred by exhibitor.||$20 $18 $16|
|2||27||Senior Champion Female||Rosette|
|2||28||Reserve Senior Champion Female||Rosette|
|2||29||Grand Champion Female||Rosette|
|2||30||Reserve Grand Champion Female||Rosette|
|2||31||Supreme Champion Female||Rosette|
SECTIONS and BREEDS
The same classification and premiums as stated above apply to each breed. Use the following Section designations for breed classes.
A – Ayrshire, B – Brown Swiss, C – Guernsey, D – Holstein, E – Jersey, F – Milking Shorthorn, G – Red and White Holstein, H – Line Back, I – Dutch Belted