CONTACT: Sam Rishel | Phone: (570) 768-6622
ENTRY FEE: $2.00 per animal. $3.00 per meat pen.
Payment is due with entry form and must be postmarked by July 21. There will be absolutely no substitutions after the July 21 Entry Deadline, including arrival day at the fair.
4-H and FFA Entries are limited to residents of Union County 4-H and the following FFA Chapters: Lewisburg, Mifflinburg and Milton.
While the PA Department of Agriculture did not have a ban on Poultry Exhibitions at time of publication, please refer to the fair website for any updates before registering entries in this class.
- Open only to 4-H and FFA members carrying a poultry project.
- Entries: A maximum of two entries per class is allowed. No more than ten total entries per exhibitor. No more than one meatpen per exhibitor.
- The exhibitor can tag no more than 10 animals.
- Individual Roaster (chicken): 1 Bird not less than 7 lbs. not more than 9 lbs.
- Meat Pen (chickens): 1 pen of 3 birds. – Weight limits for meat pen not less than 7 lbs. not more than 9 lbs.
- Unsuitable Birds: The fair management will eliminate any birds from competition that are not in suitable condition or which cannot be satisfactorily handled under show conditions.
- Exhibitors must check the current health regulations and inoculation schedules with the Superintendent at least 6 weeks prior to show date.
- All birds must bear a unique individual identification leg band.
- All entries must be vet checked and banded between July 13 and July 20.
- All birds must come from Pullorum-typhoid free flock (present flock card or certificate from hatchery) or test negative for Pullorum-typhoid.
- All birds must test negative for Avian Influenza and be tested by a Certified Poultry Technician or Veterinarian. Avian Influenza tests must be completed prior to the fair.
- All test results must accompany the birds upon arrival at the fair.
- Exhibitor must show his or her own poultry.
- Before unloading poultry, all birds must be approved for entry by fair staff; birds must be caged until judging.
- Judges will not award prizes to an unworthy entry. In the absence of competition, or where only one bird is entered, 1st, 2nd, 3rd, or no premium will be awarded according to the merit of the entry.
- Fair will not be responsible for the loss of any poultry.
- It is the exhibitor’s responsibility to properly name the breed entered. Any bird improperly entered will be disqualified and will not be judged.
- Exhibitors must provide their own cages.
Breed Classes includes only meat and dual purpose birds.
Section 9 – Poultry
PREMIUMS: $4.50 $3.50 $2.50 $2 $1.50, except Best of Show
|10||9||1||Roaster: Single chicken not over 10 weeks, must weigh between 7 to 9 lbs.|
|10||9||2||Meat Pens: Three chickens of same breed, each must weigh between 7 to 9 lbs.|
|10||9||3||Ducks: Any recognized breed of duck, either sex.|
|10||9||4||Turkeys: Any recognized breed of turkey|
|Best of Show - Rosette|