CONTACT: Hannah Imgrund | Phone: 570-428-2055
ENTRY FEE: $6.00 per animal.
Payment is due with entry form and must be postmarked by July 7. There will be absolutely no substitutions after the July 7 Entry Deadline, including arrival day at the fair.
NOTE: Entries MUST Be Mailed In / No Drop Offs!
4-H and FFA Entries are limited to residents of Union County 4-H and the following FFA Chapters: Lewisburg, Mifflinburg and Milton.
- An animal must contain at least 50% beef blood and must be dehorned.
- Beef steers shall be free of infectious and transmissible diseases. Shipping fever shots required. Beef steers must have have an animal identification number ear tag starting with “840” that has the US Shield. See General Rules for other animal health rules and regulations.
- All market steers must have an official Certificate of Veterinary inspection.
- An exhibitor may enter only one animal. Animals must be owned, identified and tagged by March 15. A maximum of two animals may be tagged.
- All animals will be weighed at the time and place designated by the livestock sale committee.
- Due to weight variances and weight limits, the number of weight classes will be set by the fair.
- Animals to be sold at the Livestock Sale must weigh between 1050 to 1450 lbs. at fair weigh-in.
- When on exhibition in the ring, each animal must be under halter and in the charge of owner or owner’s representative, and must be able to be handled.
Section 3 – Market Steers
|10||3||1||Market Steer||$14 $12 $10 $8 $6|
|10||3||2||Market Steer||$14 $12 $10 $8 $6|
|10||3||11||Market Steer||$14 $12 $10 $8 $6|
|10||3||12||Champion Market Steer||Rosette|
|10||3||13||Reserve Champion Market Steer||Rosette|
Section 3S – Market Steer Showmanship
|10||3S||1||Showmanship - Ages 8-10 (as of Jan 1)||$10 $8 $6 $4 $2|
|10||3S||2||Showmanship - Ages 11-15 (as of Jan 1)||$10 $8 $6 $4 $2|
|10||3S||3||Showmanship - Ages 16-21 (as of Jan 1)||$10 $8 $6 $4 $2|
Best Union County Bred Steer: 4H/FFA member must have purchased or bred the calf in Union County. The award is sponsored by Imgrund Family Farm.