CONTACT: Joshua Franck | Phone: 570-966-7669
ENTRY FEE: $6.00 per animal.
Payment is due with entry form and must be postmarked by July 7. There will be absolutely no substitutions after the July 7 Entry Deadline, including arrival day at the fair.
NOTE: Entries MUST Be Mailed In / No Drop Offs!
4-H and FFA Entries are limited to residents of Union County 4-H and the following FFA Chapters: Lewisburg, Mifflinburg and Milton.
- An animal must contain at least 50% beef blood and must be dehorned.
- Beef steers shall be free of infectious and transmissible diseases. Shipping fever shots required. See General Rules for other animal health rules and regulations.
- All market steers must have an official Certificate of Veterinary inspection.
- An exhibitor may enter only one animal. Animals must be owned, identified and tagged by March 1. A maximum of two animals may be tagged.
- All animals will be weighed at the time and place designated by the livestock sale committee.
- Due to weight variances and weight limits, the number of weight classes will be set by the fair.
- Animals to be sold at the Livestock Sale must weigh between 1050 to 1450 lbs. at fair weigh-in.
- When on exhibition in the ring, each animal must be under halter and in the charge of owner or owner’s representative, and must be able to be handled.
Section 3 – Market Steers
|10||3||1||Lightweight Market Steer||$14 $12 $10 $8 $6|
|10||3||2||Middleweight Market Steer||$14 $12 $10 $8 $6|
|10||3||11||Heavyweight Market Steer||$14 $12 $10 $8 $6|
|10||3||12||Champion Market Steer||Rosette|
|10||3||13||Reserve Champion Market Steer||Rosette|
Section 3S – Market Steer Showmanship
|10||3S||1||Showmanship - Ages 8-10 (as of Jan 1)||$10 $8 $6 $4 $2|
|10||3S||2||Showmanship - Ages 11-15 (as of Jan 1)||$10 $8 $6 $4 $2|
|10||3S||3||Showmanship - Ages 16-21 (as of Jan 1)||$10 $8 $6 $4 $2|