CONTACT: Hannah Imgrund | Phone: 570-428-2055
ENTRY FEE: $3.00 per animal
Payment is due with entry form and must be postmarked by July 7. There will be absolutely no substitutions after the July 7 Entry Deadline, including arrival day at the fair.
4-H and FFA Entries are limited to members of Union County 4-H and the following FFA Chapters: Lewisburg, Mifflinburg and Milton.
- 4-H or FFA members must be present and have charge of their animals — wethers or ewes — at the time of the judging.
- All sheep shall be washed, properly fitted (slick sheared to 1/8”) and trimmed. Blankets must be removed prior to judging and kept off the animals until leaving the fair. No fitting products are to be used. Failure to comply will result in forfeit of lot(s) in the livestock sale.
- All market lambs must have an official Certificate of Veterinary inspection, which must be checked before animals are unloaded. All market lambs must have an official USDA scrapie ear tag.
- All market animals will be weighed at the time and place designated by the livestock sale committee.
- Animals to be sold at the Livestock Sale must weigh between 80 to 150 lbs. at weigh-in.
- Animals must be owned, identified and tagged by May 15. A maximum of four animals may be tagged and a maximum of two animals shown. Scrapie tag will be required for all market lambs regardless of sex.
- Pair of market lambs must be owned by one exhibitor.
Section 5 – Market Lambs
|10||5||1||Market Lamb||$10 $9 $8 $7 $6|
|10||5||2||Market Lamb||$10 $9 $8 $7 $6|
|10||5||3||Market Lamb||$10 $9 $8 $7 $6|
|10||5||4||Market Lamb||$10 $9 $8 $7 $6|
|10||5||5||Market Lamb||$10 $9 $8 $7 $6|
|10||5||6||Market Lamb||$10 $9 $8 $7 $6|
|10||5||7||Market Lamb||$10 $9 $8 $7 $6|
|10||5||8||Pair of Market Lambs - Two Lambs - may be |
Wethers or Ewes
|$10 $9 $8 $7 $6|
|10||5||9||Grand Champion Lamb||Rosette|
|10||5||10||Reserve Grand Champion Lamb||Rosette|
Section 5S – Market Lamb Showmanship
|10||5S||1||Showmanship - Ages 8-10 (as of Jan 1)||$10 $8 $6 $4 $2|
|10||5S||2||Showmanship - Ages 11-15 (as of Jan 1)||$10 $8 $6 $4 $2|
|10||5S||3||Showmanship - Ages 16-21 (as of Jan 1)||$10 $8 $6 $4 $2|
Betty Hook Memorial Lamb Awards
Sponsored by The Hook, Kieffer and Lauver Families
Top Lambs born and bred in Union County AND owned or purchased by a 4H/FFA member of Union County will receive recognition in memory of Betty Hook.
- 1st Place Lamb – Plaque + $20.00.
- 2nd Place Lamb – Plaque + $10.00.