CONTACT: Hannah Imgrund | Phone: 570-428-2055
ENTRY FEE: $6.00 per animal.
Payment is due with entry form and must be postmarked by July 7. There will be absolutely no substitutions after the July 7 Entry Deadline, including arrival day at the fair.
NOTE: Entries MUST Be Mailed In / No Drop Offs!
4-H and FFA Entries are limited to members of Union County 4-H and the following FFA Chapters: Lewisburg, Mifflinburg and Milton.
Open Class Entries are limited to Montour, Northumberland, Snyder and Union Counties.
Due to a supply issue for production and distribution of 840 RFID tags, dairy cattle are permitted to be identified with a 840 RFID tag (if you have access to one) OR a NEUS tag (silver tag that starts with 23 in PA) for the 2022 Union County West End Fair ONLY.
- Exhibitors will be expected to display or parade their animals as directed by the Superintendent; to accept the stall assigned without controversy; to keep their animals in an attractive appearance, and to cooperate with the Department in every way that may serve to increase the educational value of the show. No stalls will be promised until after entry deadline date. Stall space may not be decorated until all stall space is assigned.
- Exhibitors must note when livestock will be judged and be in the ring promptly and/or on call. Failure to comply with this rule may exclude exhibitor from competing.
- Decorations with ribbons or ornaments previously won by animals at shows shall be prohibited until after the awards have been made in their respective classes by the judge.
- 4-H and FFA members may enter the same animal in both open and youth competition.
- Exhibitor defined: Exhibitor will be the individual or partnership listed as current owner on the registry certificate at the time of entry.
- Original registration papers or dairy leasing program project forms showing ownership by June 1, plus Certificate of Veterinary Inspection (CVI) must accompany animals. Rabies vaccine is recommended. Shipping Fever shots are required. All dairy cattle must have a 840 RFID ear tag. These will be checked and approved before animals can be unloaded. No pending papers will be approved. For cows, the ownership dates will be by January 1 of the current year, and for calves and heifers the transfer dates will be by June 1 of the current year. Note: Holstein USA will use the date the transfer was received by the Holstein Association. No back dated transfers are allowed. All papers must be available until judging has been completed. There will be no exceptions to this rule.
- Dress Code: In an effort to maintain positive public image, acceptable dress will be either dark or white pants and white shirts or 4-H attire. Bib overalls or blue denims will not be allowed in the show ring. This will be enforced by the class organizer.
- Management: The management reserves the final and absolute right to interpret these rules and regulations and will determine all matters, questions, or differences in connection with the show.
- Rotation of show order will be at the discretion of the dairy superintendent and will be announced prior to the show date.
Section 1 – Dairy Cattle
|10||1||5||Junior heifer calf born between March 1 and May 31, 2020||$16 $14 $10 $8|
|10||1||6||Intermediate heifer calf born between Dec 1, 2019 and Feb 28, 2020||$16 $14 $10 $8|
|10||1||7||Senior heifer calf born between Sept 1 and Nov 30, 2019||$16 $14 $10 $8|
|10||1||8||Summer yearling heifer born between June 1 and Aug 31, 209||$16 $14 $10 $8|
|10||1||9||Junior yearling heifer born between March 1 and May 31, 2019||$16 $14 $10 $8|
|10||1||10||Intermediate yearling heifer born between Dec 1, 208 and Feb 28, 2019||$16 $14 $10 $8|
|10||1||11||Senior yearling heifer born between Sept 1 and Nov 30, 208||$16 $14 $10 $8|
|10||1||12||Junior Champion Female||Rosette|
|10||1||13||Reserve Junior Champion Female||Rosette|
|10||1||15||Dry cow 3 and 4 years, born between Sept 1, 2015 and Aug 31, 2017||$20 $18 $16 $14 $12|
|10||1||16||Dry cow 5 years and over, born before Sept 1, 2015||$20 $18 $16 $14 $12|
|10||1||17||Junior 2-year-old born between March 1 and Aug 31, 2018||$20 $18 $16 $14 $12|
|10||1||18||Senior 2-year-old born between Sept 1, 2017 and Feb 28, 2018||$20 $18 $16 $14 $12|
|10||1||19||3-year-old born between Sept 1, 2016 and Aug 31, 2017||$20 $18 $16 $14 $12|
|10||1||20||4-year-old born between Sept 1, 2015 and Aug 31, 2016||$20 $18 $16 $14 $12|
|10||1||21||Aged cow born before Sept 1, 2015||$20 $18 $16 $14 $12|
|10||1||26||Dam and daughter, both must be owned by exhibitor, and daughter must be bred by exhibitor.||$20 $18 $16|
|10||1||27||Senior Champion Female||Rosette|
|10||1||28||Reserve Senior Champion Female||Rosette|
|10||1||29||Grand Champion Female||Rosette|
|10||1||30||Reserve Grand Champion Female||Rosette|
|10||1||31||Supreme Champion Female||Rosette|
SECTIONS and BREEDS
The same classification and premiums as stated above apply to each breed. Use the following Section designations for breed classes.
A – Ayrshire, B – Brown Swiss, C – Guernsey, D – Holstein, E – Jersey, F – Milking Shorthorn, G – Red and White Holstein, H – Line Back, I – Dutch Belted
Section 1S – Dairy Cattle Showmanship
|10||1S||1||Showmanship - Ages 8-10 (as of Jan 1)||$10 $8 $6 $4 $2|
|10||1S||2||Showmanship - Ages 11-15 (as of Jan 1)||$10 $8 $6 $4 $2|
|10||1S||3||Showmanship - Ages 16-21 (as of Jan 1)||$10 $8 $6 $4 $2|
Daniel E. Spangler Memorial Award
Animal bred and owned by a Junior exhibitor. Dam of animal exhibited must be owned by the exhibitor at the time of breeding (Dairy Cattle).