CONTACT: Hannah Imgrund | Phone: 570-428-2055
ENTRY FEE: $2.00 per animal
Payment is due with entry form and must be postmarked by July 7. There will be absolutely no substitutions after the July 7 Entry Deadline, including arrival day at the fair.
4-H and FFA Entries are limited to residents of Union County 4-H and the following FFA Chapters: Lewisburg, Mifflinburg and Milton.
Open Class Entries are limited to Montour, Northumberland, Snyder and Union Counties.
- Any animal of unthrifty nature, unsuitable condition, or which cannot be satisfactorily handled under show conditions must be removed from the fairgrounds.
- All sheep shall be washed, properly fitted and trimmed. Blankets are to be removed prior to judging and kept off animals until leaving the fair.
- Flock consists of one ram, any age; two ewes, one year and under two years; and two ewes under one year.
- Breeder’s young flock consists of one ram lamb and two ewe lambs, all bred and owned by exhibitor.
- A Get of Sire shall consist of four breeding animals, any age or sex, the Get of one Sire. Get need not be owned by the exhibitor.
- The show will be limited to registered purebred breeding sheep. Only breeds listed below may be entered. Registration must be furnished for all animals. All 4-H and FFA entries will be limited to members of the Union County Clubs.
- If an exhibitor is unable to tend his animals during the fair, superintendent shall be informed of the fact and of the person who will assume this responsibility in his absence.
- Fair reserves the right, in case of limited space, to limit the number of pens to any exhibitor.
- Only two animals per exhibitor may be entered in any one class.
- All breeding sheep must have an official Certificate of Veterinary Inspection (CVI) and rabies vaccination is recommended. All breeding sheep must have an official USDA Scrapie Tag.
- Pair of lambs must be owned by one exhibitor.
4H and FFA Rules
- Members must be present and have charge of their animal at the time of judging.
- Lambs shown in breeding classes cannot be shown in market classes and vice versa.
Section 7 – Breeding Sheep
|10||7||1||Yearling, Ram, 1 year and under 2||$10 $9 $8 $7 $6|
|10||7||2||Ram, Lamb under 1 year||$10 $9 $8 $7 $6|
|10||7||3||Pair of Ram Lambs, owned by one farm||$10 $9 $8 $7 $6|
|10||7||5||Reserve Champion Ram||Rosette|
|10||7||6||Yearling Ewe, 1 year and under 2||$10 $9 $8 $7 $6|
|10||7||7||Pair of Yearling Ewes, owned by one farm||$10 $9 $8 $7 $6|
|10||7||8||Ewe Lamb, under 1 year||$10 $9 $8 $7 $6|
|10||7||9||Pair Ewe Lambs, owned by one farm||$10 $9 $8 $7 $6|
|10||7||11||Reserve Champion Ewe||Rosette|
|10||7||12||Breeders Young Flock||$10 $9 $8 $7 $6|
|10||7||13||Flock, Ram, 2 Yearling Ewes, 2 Ewe Lambs||$10 $9 $8 $7 $6|
|10||7||14||Get of Sire||$10 $9 $8 $7 $6|
|10||7||15||Pen of Lambs (4 breeding animals - |
2 Ewe Lambs, 2 Ram Lambs)
|$10 $9 $8 $7 $6|
|10||7||16||Supreme Champion Ram||Rosette|
|10||7||17||Supreme Champion Ewe||Rosette|
SECTIONS and BREEDS
The same classification and premiums as stated above are to apply to each of the following breeds.
A — Cheviot, B — Corriedale, C — Dorset, D — Hampshire, E — Tunis, F — Shropshire, G — Southdown, H — Suffolk, I — Oxford, J — Natural Colored
George L. Chick Best Breeding Sheep Award
Sponsored by The Chick Family
4-H/FFA members and Open Class Exhibitors are eligible for the George L. Chick Award, given to the Best Breeding Sheep or Best Herd of Breeding Sheep in the barn.