CONTACT: Hannah Imgrund | Phone: 570-428-2055
ENTRY FEE: $2.00 per animal
Payment is due with entry form and must be postmarked by July 7. There will be absolutely no substitutions after the July 7 Entry Deadline, including arrival day at the fair.
4-H and FFA Entries are limited to members of Union County 4-H and the following FFA Chapters: Lewisburg, Mifflinburg and Milton.
- Animals must be owned, tagged and identified by May 15. A maximum of four animals may be tagged and a maximum of two animals shown. Scrapie tag will be required for all market goats regardless of sex.
- All goats must have an official health certificate issued by an accredited veterinarian within 30 days prior to the opening date of the Fair.
- Goats with horns must have tips slightly blunted or flattened for safety.
- Males must be castrated by May 15.
- Goats must have baby teeth – no yearling teeth.
- All goats must weigh between 60-120 pounds and be one year of age or younger.
- All 4-H and FFA animals must be shown under “clean and dry” rule which means only soap and water may be used with animal shown dry. Anyone not adhering to this rule will be disqualified from show and sale
- Number of classes at the discretion of the Superintendent pending number of entries.
Section 12 – Market Goats
|10||12||1||Market Goat||$10 $9 $8 $7 $6|
|10||12||2||Market Goat||$10 $9 $8 $7 $6|
|10||12||3||Market Goat||$10 $9 $8 $7 $6|
|10||12||4||Champion Market Goat||Rosette|
|10||12||5||Reserve Champion Market Goat||Rosette|
Section 12S – Market Goat Showmanship
|10||12S||1||Showmanship - Ages 8-10 (as of Jan 1)||$10 $8 $6 $4 $2|
|10||12S||2||Showmanship - Ages 11-15 (as of Jan 1)||$10 $8 $6 $4 $2|
|10||12S||3||Showmanship - Ages 16-21 (as of Jan 1)||$10 $8 $6 $4 $2|