CONTACT: MHS Vocational Ag Dept | Phone: 570-966-8232
- Competition open to persons enrolled in programs of vocational agriculture education.
- Exhibits must show work done in school or as a guided experience under the supervision of the teacher.
- Entries must be the work of an individual or small group.
- Entries to be no more than four feet wide; depth and height may vary.
- Each exhibit must have unity, convey one idea based on an approved method or practice in vocational home economics or agriculture. The display should be simple in form, have few signs and charts, and not be crowded.
Section 37 — Agriculture
PREMIUMS: $10, $8, $6
Section 38 — Project Books
PREMIUMS: $5, $4, $3
Non Production Enterprises
Dairy Related Enterprises (in reference to milking)
Market Hog Enterprises
Market Lamb Enterprises
Beef, Dairy Beef and Other Livestock Enterprises
Section 39 — Tractor Driving Contest
PREMIUMS: $10, $8, $6, $4, $2
OBJECTIVE: To demonstrate skillful practices and emphasize the safe operation and handling of a farm tractor.
ELIGIBILITY: Applicants must be members of a regularly organized 4-H Club under the supervision of the Pennsylvania State University Agricultural Extension Service or members of a FFA chapter affiliated with the national FFA organization.
- All contestants must have reached their fourteenth birthday and must not have passed their twenty-first birthday by the opening day of the fair. Applicants must be in a position to show that they are experienced tractor operators.
- The contest will be divided into three parts: A written examination of 50 questions covering general maintenance and safety practices of a farm tractor; a trouble shooting examination on a tractor; a tractor driving and equipment handling course.
- Contestants will be scored on a fault point system. The contestants in each section with the lowest score wins. Time will be used to eliminate tie scores.
- Any protest with reference to any circumstances of the contest must be made by the contestant affected, to the contest manager at the time that the incident arises. When all contestants have participated and placings have been announced, the results are considered final and there will be no reconsideration of the circumstances.
- Tractor driving contest rules approved by the Pennsylvania State University or the Pennsylvania FFA Association will be followed.
Tractor Driving Contest
Section 40 — Judging Contests
PREMIUMS: $5, $4, $3, $2, $1
OBJECTIVE: To demonstrate team and personal skills in selecting dairy cattle and livestock.
- Contestants must be 4-H or FFA members in good standing.
- All contestants must present themselves at the livestock arena at 5:00 P.M. on Monday of the Fair.
- Official placings will be taken from the judging of the various classes on following days.
- Classes of animals to be judged will be formed from animals available at the fair.
Dairy Judging Individual/Junior (up to 13 yrs. as of Jan. 1)
Dairy Judging Individual/Senior (14 yrs. and older as of Jan. 1)
Livestock Judging Individual/Junior (up to 13 yrs. as of Jan. 1)
Livestock Judging Individual/Senior (14 yrs and older as of Jan. 1)