CONTACT: Missy Weidensaul | 570-412-2712 | email@example.com
TBA – Parent/Contestant Meeting and Dress Rehearsal at the Fairgrounds
- Fair Queen Application
- Little Miss Application – Ages 8-11
- Princess Application – Ages 12-15
- Tiny Tassel Application – Ages 5-7
Contestants must complete and submit the Application and Registration Packet by July 1 to:
1440 Grand Valley Road
Mifflinburg, PA 17844
Each contestant must:
- Be a female resident of Union County, Pennsylvania.
- Be at least 12 years of age and not over 15 years of age by June 1 of the year entering the pageant.
- Have written consent from parents or guardians.
- Dress in Sunday Best or Flower Girl dress.
- Attend rehearsal and the pageant.
- Must not participate or hold title in any other pageant during her reign.
Contestants will compete in:
- Submit a 75-150 word typewritten essay on “What My Fair Means to My Community.”
- Interview with the Pageant Judges.
- Poise and presentation (appearance and neatness) during the contestant introductions on stage.
- Ability to communicate (speaking ability) during the question and answer segment on stage.
Responsibilities of the Princess:
- Help out during fair week if available (help pass out ribbons at livestock shows, Kids Day, etc.) at the Queen and Fair Queen Committee’s discretion.
- Attend Christkindl Market and help pass out candy canes with next year’s fair dates on.
- Participate in local parades.
- Attend 2018 West End Fair Pageant.
- Attend other events as requested by the Fair Queen.
The Princess will receive a crown and sash. Once the Princess has completed her year of reign and met all her responsibilities, she will receive her cash award of $50.00 at the 2018 Pageant.
(updated for 2017 Fair)