CONTACT: Tanya Lantz | Phone: 570-966-6865
$2.00 per entry.
$3.00 per meat pen. Meat pens are considered one entry.
Payment is due with entry form and must be postmarked no later than July 7. There will be absolutely no substitutions after the July 7 Entry Deadline, including arrival day at the fair.
- The latest rules of the American Rabbit Breeders Association will govern the conduct of the show.
- Exhibitor must show his or her own rabbit.
- Each rabbit must be kept in its own cage until the rabbit is judged.
- After judging, rabbits will be assigned a cage inside the Rabbit Barn.
- It is suggested that all rabbits have permanent ear tattoos. This is for your own protection if a question of ownership arises.
- Rabbits must be in good health. Rabbits will be checked for eye and nasal drainage, ear mites and other signs of illness. Judge will eliminate stock found to be diseased while judging. Sick rabbits must be removed from the building as soon as possible.
- Judges will not award prizes to an unworthy entry. In the absence of competition, or where only one rabbit is entered, 1st, 2nd, 3rd, or no premium will be awarded according to the merit of the entry.
- Entries will be made in two (2) classes: Open; 4H and/or FFA. Entries limited to 10 per exhibitor.
- There will be Senior (6 months and over) and Junior (under 6 months) Classes in all breeds.
- 4H and FFA Livestock Sale participants may enter one meat pen in the sale. A meat pen consists of three rabbits of the same breed and variety, not over 10 weeks in age and not weighing under 3.5 lbs. or over 5.5 lbs. per the ARBA standard. Rabbits will be weighed by the judge.
- Fair will provide water, feed and feeding dishes for rabbits.
- Rabbits will be fed and watered by capable help during the week of the fair.
- Fair will not be responsible for the loss of any rabbits.
- NO BEDDING: no cardboard, no hay, and no straw. If a resting board is needed, an approved plastic or wooden board will be provided by the exhibitor.
- Rabbits may be removed after 11:00 PM Saturday. All rabbits must be removed by 12:00 PM Sunday. No rabbits (other than the meat pens bought at the livestock sale and rabbits expelled due to illness) will leave the rabbit building before 11 PM on Saturday or exhibitor will forfeit winnings. All buying and selling of rabbits will be done outside the rabbit building after 11 PM Saturday.
- All Union County entries will be accepted over entries from other counties, regardless of postmark date.
- It is the exhibitor’s responsibility to properly name the breed entered. Any rabbit improperly entered will be disqualified and will not be judged. The judge will mark the correct name on the tag for the benefit of the exhibitor.
*Breeds and Classes
PREMIUMS: $4.50, $3.50, $2.50, $2, $1.50