CONTACT: Charles Kessler | Phone: 570-966-8232
ENTRY FEE: $3.00 per animal
Payment is due with entry form and must be postmarked by July 7. There will be absolutely no substitutions after the July 7 Entry Deadline, including arrival day at the fair.
4-H and FFA Entries are limited to residents of Union County.
- 4-H or FFA members must be present and have charge of their animals — wethers or ewes — at the time of the judging.
- All sheep shall be washed, properly fitted (slick sheared to 1/8”) and trimmed. Blankets must be removed prior to judging and kept off the animals until leaving the fair.
- All market lambs must have an official Certificate of Veterinary inspection, which must be checked before animals are unloaded.
- All market animals will be weighed at the time and place designated by the livestock sale committee.
- Animals to be sold at the Livestock Sale must weigh between 80 to 150 lbs. at weigh-in.
- Animals must be owned and identified by May 15. A maximum of four animals may be tagged and a maximum of two animals shown. Scrapie tag will be required for all market lambs regardless of sex.